Monday, January 11, 2010

So this is blogging, eh?

Well, here I am. I'm usually hopeless at keeping up with what's modern and trendy (just ask anyone who's seen my dress sense), and it's been no different this time. "Blogs? What are blogs? Oh, they'll never catch on!", I've been saying, as I use my crude stone tools to chip some HTML code into the wall of a cave. In fact, if it weren't for the enthusiasm of my favourite "Moms", and the persuasion and assistance of my beautiful wife (whose nerdiness exceeds even my own) I still wouldn't be here. I'd be ... I dunno, conversing with loved ones, or taking in some fresh air, or something ... but instead, here I am. So this is my blog. I intend to fill it with snippets of my latest work, bits of advice about Photoshop and colour management, and probably the odd rant about Adobe RGB. *shakes fist* And maybe, just maybe, people will read it. For those who don't know me, I'm a Photoshop tragic. I have a part-time home business which I fit around helping with the care of our two beautiful children. I restore old photos, retouch new photos, fix dodgy photos, liquify flabby photos and beautify ugly photos. I spend way too much time on the internet, but hey ... if you're reading this, then you probably do too ;) I'm also a gymnastics tragic. I've been involved in gymnastics for ... heck, most of my life; as a competitor, coach, judge, and advocate. Turns out I'm getting too old for it now - just ask my right knee which is presently recuperating from a ligament reconstruction :( My websites: Belle Photography Brisbane - canvas printing, retouching, restoration and Photoshop training My personal site - My Photoshop portfolio, plus some tutorials, articles and other stuff

Comments or Questions?

If you have anything to add or ask about this article, please visit me at my Ask Damien page.